SkiBike Tour 2010-11 - Alpine Adventures Await

Posted: Tuesday 21 December 2010 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , ,
0

A once in a lifetime opportunity has arisen to spend some time in Geneva, Switzerland.
I intend to use my time to visit the Haute Savoie Alps and Jura Mountains, both around 1 hour from the centre of Geneva and I will be reporting on the results.

Over the last month I have been compiling a short-list of suitable places and mailing the many tourist offices to find out whether they are skibike friendly, or not, as is the case for roughly 50%. Luckily I am not the first skibiker in France, nor the first to attempt to get through all the red tape, there is a French Skibike Club who have done a great deal to open up the more progressive areas to skibikers.

To my great surprise there is now a French Skibike manufacturer based nearby in the Massif des Aravis

My thanks go to Olivier Wagner and the Association Francaise de Skibob  for his many interventions and great patience with "Un Rosbif" and here's looking forward to some great skibiking thrills to come.

0 comments: