SkiBike Tour 2012-13 - Le Crozet

Posted: Tuesday 1 January 2013 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , , ,
0

Today I wanted to test out my latest skibike evolution, the disparate collection of components had been rapidly assembled just before my departure, so I didn't want the first runs to be up some grand and inaccessible peak, what I needed was a local test track.

Le Crozet and Lelex is one of the closest ski stations to Geneva, just 15 minutes by car from the airport and is on the Jura mountain range. I knew that snow was expected but wasn't prepared for the high winds and near blizzard conditions at top station level. The winds had shut down all but two drag lifts, which laid waste to my skibike test plan.

I had been intending to do a little ski practice anyway, so donned my Raichle Flexon boots and trusty Saloman SnowBlades. There is great value to doing a bit of cross-training, certainly within the first couple of runs I felt grumbling from a whole different group of muscles. In spite of the Scottish conditions I persisted and really enjoyed the simplicity of just feet and skis without any contraptions to get in the way.


Looks photoshopped - Le Crozet in a blizzard

Tomorrow the forecast is for good weather, I need to visit Annecy in the morning, so might do my test at Le Grand Bornand in the afternoon.

0 comments: