SkiBike Tour 2012-13 - A Plan Comes Together

Posted: Tuesday 29 January 2013 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , ,
0

One of my favourite lines from the TV series "The A Team" was "I love it when a plan comes together". Yesterday, I made the trip down from London in near perfect conditions and even "Uncle Fester" my worn out Ford Fiesta behaved himself impeccably.
After a brief overnight stop in Geneva to rest and collect my skibikes, I was back on the road to Flaine, just under two hours away, to meet up with Carl Day.
Carl has been skibike riding since Sunday along with the local crew Mel (English) and Fabrice (French).

Meanwhile, Andy Apsolon made the 12 hour drive from the East of Germany, arriving around 5pm. To my great surprise Richard Platt from the SAGB rang to say that he was in town for a visit too. So without the chance to unpack, we shared a beer, talked skibikes and planned the routes for tomorrow's group ride.

Later we carried out some essential skibike maintenance and pondered on how the wonders of the Internet can bring together such a disparate group.

0 comments: