DIY Skibike - Foot Ski Carry Bag

Posted: Tuesday 27 December 2011 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: ,
0

I am always working on better ways to organise my skibike kit, exciting it might not be, but to have everything packed into modular kits is so very useful when the time comes to head out. For example, I have recently started to pack knee and wrist braces in the same bag that contains my ski boots.
Foot skis have been a pain as they end up sliding around the boot of the car on a mission to scratch or chip the paint off anything in their path. I dread to think of the injury these sorts of objects would do unrestrained, in the event of an accident.
There are some very well crafted bags by Salomon made for transporting their SnowBlades, but they are expensive and too long for shorter footskis.
In a rare moment of lucidity, I realised that I had some plumbing tools stored in just the right sized bag. 

Canvas tool bag - perfect size for footskis

You can find this sort of bag on-line from under £10 from a huge choice of suppliers, they are normally described as "Canvas tool bags". The ideal dimensions seem to be around 60cm x 16cm x 16cm which would be 24" x 6" x 6" in Imperial.

0 comments: