SkiBike Tour 2014-15 - Walking Wounded

Posted: Thursday 12 March 2015 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , ,
0

On the last run yesterday, with Jonathan safely on his way home, I unwisely "went for it" on the Boarder Cross circuit, promptly overshot the banking and went sailing into the hillside at full tilt. Fortunately my head broke the fall! Getting winded goes with the territory, but there was one short moment when I was close to vomiting, which is not a good thing to do inside a helmet. After several minutes of groaning and rolling around, I gathered together my last shreds of dignity and headed gently back to the car.

Today my shoulder has a nasty twinge, but at least the stabbing pain has ceased and my left leg is stiff as a board. I did at least manage to get some pants on this morning without requiring assistance, which for the (very nearly) over 50s is a bonus, nothing is busted and there's nothing that won't heal with some rest.
Meanwhile poor Thierry has let me know that someone had dropped an anvil on his foot (perhaps something was lost in translation there) and is now out of action for the remainder of the season.

On a happier note, John has finally completed the journey down from Scotland, despite a number of nasty mechanical issues en route; furthermore on Saturday Carl will be arriving to start another British assault on the 3 Valleys, so there will at least be someone left fit enough to fly the skibikng flag next week.

Next week - another British skibike assault on the 3 Valleys

Meanwhile, I have to prepare to head back to England and get some proper work done in the City of London next week, but will be back for a final lap in the last week of March and could be joined by the Blog's co-writer Wayne.


0 comments: