SkiBike Tour 2014-15 - Le Crozet

Posted: Tuesday 3 March 2015 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , ,
0

The last couple of days it has been raining not just here at base camp Geneva, but even high up in the mountains, last season I tried skiing in the rain at Morzine, it sucked. It's also been quite windy here, so I dread to think what the conditions must have been like at altitude, unpleasant would be an understatement.
It was still forecast to rain today, but when I awoke it was bright and sunny. It was too late to make a big trip, so I packed my kit and headed for my most local big hill at Le Crozet, just 20 minutes from my door. It's just as well that I don't live in Geneva permanently, I would never get anything done.

Le Crozet - if I lived in Geneva I would never get anything done

I was last here on my warm up day, right at the start of the tour, sadly conditions have deteriorated thanks to the rain. Everything, including off-piste was boiler plate hard and not that enjoyable, so I just had to take it as an opportunity to practice my super slalom carving technique, well it was that or die horribly.

Le Crozet - I took it as an opportunity to practice my carving technique

I nipped down to Lelex, as my tummy was grumbling about the lack of food for breakfast and by the time I was back at the top the snow had softened. There was quite a mix of; corn snow, slush and ice pebbles, typical Spring conditions really; still it was very pleasant in the sunlight and you can't complain when the cost of a day ticket is just €25.

Le Crozet - you can't complain for €25

0 comments: