Hybrid Skibiking Day 3 - Level Pegging

Posted: Friday 8 April 2011 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , ,
0

I actually overslept this morning and didn't get away till 9:30, oh the waste. I had a quick zip around Tignes but had to be back at the ticket office for a midday rendezvous with Richard Platt and his brother for a group ski and skibiking session.
Recent racing aside, it has been a while since my last skibike session in company and I had forgotten what a blast it is. I could bore you with a lengthy account of all the runs we covered, but I was being worked too hard to keep up with my guide to make any notes. In the space of a few hours we saw most of Tignes, Val Claret, the Grande Motte and La Daille.

Loading up the Skibike van
With so much ground to cover I had to throw caution to the wind and speed over the late afternoon bumps and trust the excellent suspension on my Firem VS to soak it up. As long as you can hold on there's not much else to worry about.

The start of one piste was narrow and a minefield of monster moguls, to save time I followed a narrow traverse track to avoid the worst of it. However I soon came upon a mother a child who had fallen and was able to utilise the rear brake on the Firem VS to stop myself in my tracks and avoid running over them.

0 comments: