SkiBike Tour 2015-16 - EUSA Skibike Meeting Conclusion

Posted: Monday 11 January 2016 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , ,
0

So this first ever meeting of the European Skibike Association was most definitely a bitter sweet experience.

The sweet side was meeting so many skibikers in the flesh who had only been identities on the internet before. I had been forewarned that there would be some real freaks, weirdos and deviants present and all I can say is "Hallelujah" I have finally found my tribe.

I have finally found my tribe - source Martin Schwaigert

There was also the added joy of riding with so many people who have been part of this Blog since its very outset, all at the same time and in the same place. In some ways it was overwhelming, I prefer such pleasures to be savoured rather than consumed in a glutinous feast.

The bitter part would be seeing one of my closest friends bent and broken in hospital. Inwardly wishing that I had never shown him the skibike I had built, sat on my patio on a sunny day oh so many years ago.

Furthermore I still haven't fully recovered from the crash encountered during the 4 Glaciers Express tour. I have been forced to ride defensively as each fall is like a mini explosion, I hate riding like a geriatric. I want my mojo back.

The joy of riding with people who have been part of this Blog from its outset


0 comments: