SkiBike Tour 2011-12 - I Was Wrong

Posted: Saturday 18 February 2012 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , , ,
0

Living in a nuclear bunker has its disadvantages, no natural light to wake you up is one of them. I though I was up with the larks, but it was 9am by the time I surfaced. I rushed through a quick shower and shave then headed down to BullSkate base station to install my shiny new BullSkate "big ass" saddle.

BullSkate "Big Ass" saddle

Task accomplished, I helped Martin get out his collection of skibikes from storage, how you can cram 16 skibikes into a space not much bigger than a garden shed is a work of art.
A spartan breakfast, even by my ascetic standards, of an orange and a couple of chocolate digestive biscuits left me ready for the moment of truth. My lucky saddle did the trick and my journeys on the T-Bar were for the most part successful. So the scoreboard currently reads Schwaiger = 1 Kinnon = 0
The best part of being able to finally utilise Sorenberg's T-Bar heavy lift system was to get enough uplift to head over to the zone with proper modern chairlifts. Oh deep joy loads, chairlifts how I love you, even though you have occasionally hit me on the back of the head.

Sorenberg chairlift - oh the joy of it!
 Like a bird set free to soar high, I played on the pistes and contrary to my normal tastes felt the desire to head into the many areas of rough stuff. Up to the top of the forks in snow and under the chairlift someone shouted "Crazy English Men", I promptly saluted and replied "God Save the Queen" before continuing on.
Packing my kit back into the car at the end of the day, I was somewhat surprised when one of the many babes that pass through the BullSkate base camp said "Hey aren't you the God Save the Queen guy? Life is definitely looking up, I just need to be about 25 years younger, have a full head of hair again and quit using the gay wrist position (on the handlebars).

0 comments: