Back to the SnoZone with the London SkiBikers

Posted: Monday 31 October 2011 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , ,
0

A few days back I had an e-mail from Wayne Richards to let me know that the next London SkiBiker meet had been arranged. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to use the facilities at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead but did get permission to return to SNO!zone at Xscape in Milton Keynes.
We were warned that it is still half-term holidays for some schools and were told to arrive as early as possible. For me this meant a horrible journey through London's rush hour to make it to the SNO!zone for just after 10am. On the previous visit I had really struggled with getting the skibike up the drag lift pegger style, so I cheated and donned traditional footskis and hard boots.
I met Wayne, Paul and Barry on the slope and we set about having a couple of very enjoyable hours getting in plenty of turns. Barry, who has more than a passing resemblance to Sir Elton John looked very confident, balanced and smooth, within just a few runs. Special commendations go to Paul, who had to face down his worst fears having broken a wrist on the last London SkiBikers outing to Austria. I couldn't help be notice that, like me, he favours the "throw a leg out" skibiker turn over other methods.
It gave me a great feeling to be riding the lift and to see, for the very first time, a slope full of weaving skibikers here in England!

SNO!zone - Caution snow may contain SkiBikers

0 comments: