SkiBike Tour 2009-10 - Scotland Again

Posted: Sunday 7 March 2010 by Mark Kinnon in Labels: , , ,
0

Against all odds the unexpected cold snap continued through February and into March. Going through my work diary I spotted an empty week from 7th to 13th March. Having proved that jaunts up to Scotland were feasible providing I could keep awake for the 12 hour journey, I made hotel bookings through Late Rooms, packed the car, waxed the skis and set off around 11am to avoid London's rush hour traffic.
It was an uneventful run up spoiled by a lengthy batch of roadworks on the M6 and the A74 with enforced 50 mph speed limits; needless to say, I didn't see a single person working on any of the 100 miles or so of restrictions. Bad traffic tailbacks around Stirling wasted a further hour of my time. Luckily I go to my hotel in Glenfarg near Perth just before closing at 11pm.

0 comments: